In alignment with DOE Order 142.3B UFNA, the role of hosts are required at Fermilab. Hosts are responsible for the activities and conduct associated with the successful visit or assignment of non-U.S. citizens at the laboratory. In order to be designated a host there are various qualifications that must be met, including annual host training.
When applicable, non-U.S. citizens will be assigned a host. Non-U.S. citizens are expected to alert their assigned host of anything that would affect their status in the U.S. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Change in name, passport or U.S. visa information
- Change in U.S. immigration status
- Change in Fermilab access dates
- Any plans to leave the U.S., even for a short period of time
- Any interactions with law officials in the U.S.